When are your regularly scheduled shows?
Wednesdays The Mic on State @ 9pm
Thursdays at 7:30pm
Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm & 10:00pm
*There may be shows on non-regular show days, check our calendar for current events!*
How does your wait list work?
Our wait lists end at 4:30pm day of show. You may call or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for our wait list and we will call you no later than 4:30pm the day of the show if anything becomes available. If you do not hear from us by 4:30pm that means we are still at capacity. Please note, we do not offer wait lists for all shows, please contact us to inquire.
*If you do not hear from us by 4:30pm,
you may sign up for our stand-by list. These are put out in house 90
minutes prior to the start of the show. Sign up must be done in person.
We will know closer to the start of the show if there are seats
I don’t see a show listed for a certain date, will there be a show?
Yes! We have regularly scheduled shows, however we might not have the comic confirmed for the date you are looking for. The show will be posted once the comic is finalized. Please check back soon!
How old do you have to be to come to Comedy on State?
All of our shows are 18+. If you are under 18 years old a parent or guardian must accompany you in order to attend the show (patrons under 16 years old will NOT be admitted). You must show your ID even if you are not drinking alcohol.
Please inquire with the box office on age restrictions per show as this may vary.
How long does the show last?
Thursdays run about 1 hour 45 minutes. Friday and Saturday shows are about 1 hour 30 minutes.
What is a “Special Engagement” show?
Shows listed as a “Special Engagement” have restrictions. No coupons, discounts, or free celebratory admissions are permitted. Phone reservations are accepted, but a credit card may be required to hold your seats. Payment will be made upon check-in for the show and can be a different payment method other than that used to reserve seats. Please keep in mind, admission is due in one transaction no matter the payment method.
What is an “Online Only” show?
Tickets are only available online for purchase. Phone reservations are not accepted.
Are there restrictions to free tickets?
If you received a free ticket from your birthday, bachelor or
bachelorette party, anniversary or promotion we have certain
- Valid based on availability
- Not valid for any Saturday 8pm show
- Not valid for any special engagement or online only shows
Do you serve food?
We do not serve food. There are many nearby options on State St. and around the Capitol Square. Please plan ahead to ensure your group gets to the show on time; seats are only guaranteed until exactly show time. No food or outside beverages are allowed in the showroom. NO CARRY IN FOOD OR BEVERAGES ARE PERMITTED
Is there a dress code?
Nice, casual attire is appropriate.
Can I bring in a backpack?
Sorry, no backpacks or large bags are permitted.
Where can I park?
We recommend using the State St/Capitol ramp located on Carroll St., behind our building. There may be free street parking around the area as well.
Do you offer access for persons with disabilities?
Yes. There is an elevator located in the first floor lobby as you enter the building. Please mention when making a reservation if you or someone in your party has specific needs so we may be accommodating.
I don’t recognize the comic’s name, will the show be funny?
Yes, all of our acts are professional nationally touring comedians. There are so many talented comedians out there today; it is impossible for all of them to become household names. That being said, comedy is subjective and we recommend you research the comedian you are coming to see.
Do you have group discounts?
We do not offer discounts for large parties; however, we do offer free admission for celebrations for shows that are not premium or special engagement. See next question to see what celebrations apply!
I am celebrating something, do you do offer anything?
Yes! The person celebrating a birthday, bachelor/bachelorette party, or anniversary can get a free admission if mentioned at the door or via a phone reservation ( Special Engagement/Online Only shows excluded). Tickets purchased online cannot be refunded, phone reservations are recommended to claim the free admission. The person celebrating will receive a celebration glass and tickets to return at a later date. It must be within a week of your birthday to receive the birthday discount.
Another patron is disrupting the show, what should I do?
Tell your server. We do our best to patrol the crowd but sometimes we are not able to spot someone who is disturbing the show. We are here because of you and we are committed to giving you the best possible comedy experience. Always let us know how we can improve your visit, whether it be turn up the sound or turn down the air.
I want to try comedy; can I perform at Comedy on State?
Yes! Every Wednesday night is the The Mic on State (formerly The Big Deuce Open Mic). The show is at 9pm, admission is $2 and we have great drink specials. You must sign up in person at the club from 2pm to 8pm if you wish to perform.
Please note; groups of 15 or more may be subject to 20% gratuity on your beverage bills.
Why is there a 2-beverage minimum?
In order to continue providing you with the best comedians in the country at a low admission price we have to enforce a beverage minimum. This is standard at most clubs across the country. If you choose to not drink there is a $3 charge per beverage not purchased.
If I order a drink from the bar does it count towards the minimum in the showroom?
No, only beverages ordered from your server in the showroom will count towards the 2-beverage minimum.
Can we split our bills?
Yes, please ask your server at the beginning of the show if you would like your bills split.
Do we have to drink alcohol to fulfill the beverage minimum?
No. We offer an extensive non-alcoholic beverage menu with coffee drinks, ice cream drinks, slushy drinks, soda, coffee and more. Anything except tap water will count towards the minimum.
What if I decide to not drink anything?
If you feel fully hydrated it is not a problem. There will be a $3 charge for each drink not ordered to fulfill the 2 beverage minimum requirement. This charge covers our costs so we can continue providing you with great laughs!
When will I receive the beverage bill?
Tabs are kept throughout the night and all bills are given out at the end of the show in order to not disrupt the performance.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No refunds or exchanges.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend. Refunds are not given to minors.
- Place one reservation per party. If you want to be seated with another party and did not note this in the Reservation Comments, please call or email us with the last name of the party you are joining. Without this info, we are not able to guarantee combined seating.
- If you are looking to purchase additional tickets for your reservation, please call us or purchase online using a different email than that used for your original reservation.
- Please inform us of any wheelchairs so we are best able to accommodate your party for seating.
- Admission prices, performers, and show times are subject to change.
BEVERAGE MINIMUM / DRINK PURCHASE:
- THERE IS A TWO BEVERAGE MINIMUM PER PERSON IN THE SHOWROOM.
- It is your responsibility to inform all party members of the beverage minimum requirement before attending the show.
- Shots or beverages purchased at the bar do not count towards the minimum; only beverages purchased from your server in the showroom will count.
- Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages count towards the minimum.
- A tab is kept by your servers throughout the show and given at the end of the show to prevent disrupting the performance.
- Beverages are NOT included in admission price.
ARRIVAL / SEATING:
- Since you have purchased your tickets ahead of time you are now able to go through the expedited line. Please find the expedited line upon arrival and we will get your party seated a quickly as possible.
- Seating begins 45 minutes prior to show time and is on a first come first serve basis.
- Based on reservations for the evening and your arrival time, your group may be sat with another party.
- You must claim your reservation by show time. If you are not here on time there is a chance your tickets will be given to anyone on a wait list.
- Cell phones must be turned off or set to silent. Never take a phone call during the show. If it can’t wait, please go to the bar to use your phone.
- Table Talk – must be kept to a minimum. Your group will be given one warning. Any further distractions may result removal from the venue.
- No Flash Photography permitted
- No Recording: Each comedian owns the rights to their own material, you however do NOT.
- Do Not Heckle the Comedian: Heckling is interrupting the performance to upstage, disparage, or throw off the comedian. It is never acceptable, and the quickest way to ruin the show for everyone. It is also the quickest way to ejection.
- Do Not Interrupt the Comedian: The common excuse for this is “I’m helping the comedian” and “that’s what you’re supposed to do at Comedy Clubs!” Comedians are professionals, they do not need help. Exception: If a comedian directly engages you in conversation, it is ok to respond. Some of the best comedy happens this way, and can make for a memorable experience. Be ready to let it go when the bit is over.