How old do you have to be to come to the Comedy Club on State?
All of our shows are 18+. If you are under 18 years old a parent or guardian must accompany you in order to attend the show (patrons under 16 years old will NOT be admitted). You must show your ID even if you are not drinking alcohol.
What time should I arrive for the show?
We recommend arriving 1 hour prior to show time. Seating is first come first serve, meaning you will get a better seat the sooner you arrive. Your reservation is not guaranteed past showtime. away to customers on the wait list at showtime, no refunds for lost seats due to late arrival.
I don’t have a printer, do I need to print my tickets?
No. All reservations are will call only. Your name will be on the guest list at the door, please give your last name to the host upon arrival to claim seats.
How long does the show last?
Thursdays run about 1 hour 45 minutes. Friday and Saturday shows are about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Do you serve food?
We do not serve food. There are many nearby options on State St. and around the Capitol Square. Please plan ahead to ensure your group gets to the show on time; seats are only guaranteed until exactly show time.
Should I collect admission money and pay in one transaction?
Yes. In order to ensure the show starts on time we require one transaction per reservation. Cash helps the line go much faster!
Can I be sat if my entire party is not present?
If you pay for admissions for the entire party you may be sat before your entire party arrives. We will seat the remaining party members with you once they arrive (please be sure to let the host know they will be coming later). If you would like to be sat without paying for missing party members their seat will no longer be held. If we do have seats available once they arrive they will not be able to be sat next to you in the showroom.
Is there assigned seating?
No, seating is available on a first come first serve basis. The sooner your party arrives the better your seats will be. Your party will be sat according to it’s size and available tables.
Can I pick my seat?
We will do our best to let you pick your own seat. It is much easier to give you the table you want if you arrive early. We recommend arriving early for more available seating options.
Do I have to wait in line if I have reservations?
Yes, everyone in line has a reservation.
Why is there a 2 beverage minimum?
In order to continue providing you with the best comedians in the country at a low admission price we have to enforce a beverage minimum. This is standard at most clubs across the country. If you choose to not drink there is a $3 charge per beverage not purchased.
If I order a drink from the bar does that count towards the minimum in the showroom?
No, only beverages ordered from your server in the showroom will count towards the 2 beverage minimum.
Can we split our bills?
Yes, please ask your server at the beginning of the show if you would like your bills split.
When will I receive the beverage bill?
Tabs are kept throughout the night and all bills are given out at the end of the show in order to not disrupt the performance.
Another patron is disrupting the show, what should I do?
Tell your server. We do our best to patrol the crowd but sometimes we are not able to spot someone who is disturbing the show. We are here because of you and we are committed to giving you the best possible comedy experience. Always let us know how we can improve your visit, whether it be turn up the sound or turn down the air.
Do we have to drink alcohol to fulfill the beverage minimum?
No. We offer an extensive non-alcoholic beverage menu with coffee drinks, ice cream drinks, slushy drinks and more. Anything except tap water will count towards the minimum.
What if I decide to not drink anything?
If you feel fully hydrated it is not a problem. There will be a $3 charge for each drink not ordered to fulfill the 2 beverage minimum requirement. This charge covers our costs so we can continue providing you with great laughs!
Do you offer access for persons with disabilities?
Yes. There is an elevator located in the first floor lobby as you enter the building. Please mention when making a reservation if you or someone in your party has needs so we are able to best accommodate your party with seating.
If I need to cancel or change my reservation, what is the latest time I’m able to call and notify the club?
With phone reservations you always have until 5pm the day of the show in order to not be charged for someone who does not attend. This gives us enough time to accept people from the wait list and plan for seating. Please let us know if someone is unable to attend even if you miss the 5pm deadline, we may be able to avoid charging for missing party members if we are able to resell the seat(s).
We are running late for the show, can you still hold my seats?
If you call and let us know that you will be late we can hold your seats. If it is a sold out show you may be required to prepay for your seats so we can hold them.
Do you have group discounts?
We do not offer discounts for large parties, however, we do offer free admission for celebrations for shows that are not premium or special engagement. See next question to see what celebrations apply!
I am celebrating something special, do you do offer anything?
Yes! If you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary, bachelor, or bachelorette party you can get in free if you mention it at the door. You will receive a celebration glass and tickets to return at a later date. It must be the week of your birthday to receive the birthday discount.
I don’t recognize the comic’s name, will the show be funny?
Yes, all of our acts are professional nationally touring comedians. There are so many talented comedians out there today; it is impossible for all of them to become household names. That being said, comedy is subjective and we recommend you research the comedian you are coming to see. We provide a video and website link for every comedian.
I want to try comedy, can I perform at the Comedy Club on State?
Yes! Every Wednesday night is the Big Deuce Open Mic. The show is at 9pm, admission is $2 and we have great drink specials.
- All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend. Refunds are not given to minors.
- Place one reservation per party. If you want to be seated with another party and did not note this in the Reservation Comments, please call or email us with the last name of the party you are joining. Without this info, we are not able to guarantee combined seating.
- If you are looking to purchase additional tickets for your reservation, please call us or purchase online using a different email than that used for your original reservation.
- Please inform us of any wheelchairs so we are best able to accommodate your party for seating.
- Admission prices, performers, and show times are subject to change.
BEVERAGE MINIMUM / DRINK PURCHASE:
- THERE IS A TWO BEVERAGE MINIMUM PER PERSON IN THE SHOWROOM.
- It is your responsibility to inform all party members of the beverage minimum requirement before attending the show.
- Shots or beverages purchased at the bar do not count towards the minimum, only beverages purchased from your server in the showroom will count.
- Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages count towards the minimum.
- A tab is kept by your servers throughout the show and given at the end of the show to prevent disrupting the performance.
- Beverages are NOT included in admission price.
ARRIVAL / SEATING:
- Since you have purchased your tickets ahead of time you are now able to go through the VIP line. Please find the VIP line upon arrival and we will get your party seated a quickly as possible.
- Seating begins 45 minutes prior to show time and is on a first come first serve basis.
- Based on reservations for the evening and your arrival time, your group may be sat with another party.
- You must claim your reservation by show time. If you are not here on time there is a chance your tickets will be given to anyone on a wait list.
- Cell phones must be turned off or set to silent. Never take a phone call during the show. If it can’t wait, please go to the bar to use your phone.
- Table Talk – must be kept to a minimum. Your group will be given one warning. Any further distractions may result removal from the venue.
- No Flash Photography permitted
- No Recording: Each comedian owns the rights to their own material, you however do NOT.
- Do Not Heckle the Comedian: Heckling is interrupting the performance to upstage, disparage, or throw off the comedian. It is never acceptable, and the quickest way to ruin the show for everyone. It is also the quickest way to ejection.
- Do Not Interrupt the Comedian: The common excuse for this is “I’m helping the comedian” and “that’s what you’re supposed to do at Comedy Clubs!” Comedians are professionals, they do not need help. Exception: If a comedian directly engages you in conversation, it is ok to respond. Some of the best comedy happens this way, and can make for a memorable experience. Be ready to let it go when the bit is over.